Skip to main content

A Table With Early Fall Colors:)

It's a known factor that hues change according to seasons.  Warmer months are coming to an end with Autumn in sight. Good to see Summer color's the Green, yellow- Green and Yellow giving way to yellowish - Orange towards the end of the season. Mother nature gives us the opportunity during seasons to pick colors from flowers, trees, fruits and vegetables also from coat of  animals, birds and  fill our home with what we love through our choices of colors.   

I was absent for a while from blogging and getting back to it always makes me  grin. Doing a scape with sun flower plates for the season looked pretty too. These plates are recent gift to me from my niece Dr Shanthi from UK. I always wanted to own sunflower print plates and I presume that she read my mind. Thanks to her for reading my mind as well carrying it all the way. Here I have the smiley Sunflower plates on the table.Everyone knows the  soft & smooth yellow petals of a Sun flower are beautiful & lyrical. Who would't love to venture into a Sunflower field? While talking about Sun Flowers I also remember the classic Italian movie Sun Flower (Girasoli)watching with my Dad & Mom as a young girl way back in 70's.  It's one of  a kind of movie featuring the ever green actress Sophia Loren in the lead. A must watch movie.

I have been tracking Hurricane Irma and I pray for the safety of  the people & animals. We encountered category 3 cyclone few months ago which was devastating by all means. I feel that Mother Nature is cautioning us to be kind to her  and not to take her for granted. It's high time for us to think about global warming and other aspects.





















Please Visit Rustic and Refined
Please Visit Nap On The Porch
Please Visit Pink Saturday
Please Visit Rustic and Refied

Comments

  1. Very pretty! I love the warm colors, Sujatha! I can't wait to create a fall table but I know it's going to take a while. I have lots of cleaning up to fo from the hurricane....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sujatha...This is one of THE PRETTIEST tables ever!!!!!!!!!!! You did an exceptional job with this one! I love how you used the pretty plates as a starting point/inspiration but didn't feel the need to overdo it. You let the plates be the star! How sweet of your niece to get these for you!!! I know we'll be treated to many more future tablescapes with these as they will work for both summer and fall. SO pretty!!!

    You're right...Mother Nature isn't happy with our careless treatment of her resources. Horrific storms, wildfires, global warming...all consequences of our blatant misuse and disrespect for the gifts from God. I fear for future generations.😟

    Have a beautiful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sunflowers so for me your tablescape is perfect! Love the little mothsand/or butterflies as well. So perfect for this transitional time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful dishes! Sunflowers are such a cheerful flower- can't help but love them. How sweet of your niece to bring those to you. The evening shots with candlelight are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy you likethe plates my dear aunt. I have indeed read your mind.... they call it telepathy. There were so many other flower designs. Fir some unknown reason I was drawn to these sunflowers. I now know why?.
    They look so beautiful in candle light. Thanks everyone for your appreciation. 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely niece you have and she sure knows you too! The dishware is lovely with the sunflower, I love it, it caught my eye immediately.
    Your table setting is so pretty and warm.
    Hugs,
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  7. I whole heartedly agree with you. We should never take Mother Nature for granted. Your table is just beautiful, those pretty plates are calling my name.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Diwali With Lights

The word Deepavali stems from the Sanskrit words, Deepa meaning ‘Light’ and Avali meaning ‘Row’. It means a row of lights and illumination is undoubtedly its main attraction. Deepavali, the festival of lights, even to this day, projects the rich and glorious past of our country and teaches us to uphold the true values of life.    THE FLICKERING LIGHT OF A FLAME IS TRULY MAGICAL. SCENTED POTPOURRI AND NATURALLY DRIED LEAVES ADD TO THE OCCASION.    GO AHEAD AND CREATE AN INVITING DECOR FOR FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO ADD TO THE FESTIVE SPIRIT   A WINDOW LEDGE TRANSFORMED WITH THE ONSET OF THE FESTIVE FERVOUR.THIS IS A WINDOW DRESSING FOR DIWALI   CREATE AND TRANSFORM THE SPACE AND LEAVE AN EPHEMERAL IMPRINT THE RUSTIC AND ETHNIC LOOK OF THE LAMPS. LOTUS BUDS ADD TO THE BEAUTY.

Shades of Green

This is September, and the month offers its own fresh start to many things. Here in India, it is the beginning of festivities and celebrations for the next few coming weeks. These are the days of showers too, and it is truly refreshing & soothing to see the plants and trees after every brief shower. The moist leaves give us an impression that they are happy and smiling and breathing a 'Thank You' for the fresh green look. I love the colour green and as we all know it is one of Mother Natures primary colours. The green stem is honoured and credited to hold every flower of different colours. That's awesome. Inspiration comes from every where and the colour green inspired me to do a scape, with the green touch. I collected the green ware from the racks and putting it together as a teascape was pleasing to the eyes like the happy greenery around us. Sometimes it is wonderful to have tea and treat ourselves amongst a small collection of green plants. M

Spring with younger hope than ever ....

It is wonderful to see the beautiful spring table posts in everyone's blogs. It's a delight to see the soothing greens, the pretty pinks, the cheerful yellow flowers dominate the sce nes , with cute bunnies hopping around.. :):) I have created a tea scape here with beautiful mini cups & a little g reen touch added to show spring is here to say hello to us .. T hese beautiful cups and saucers were a gift from my long time friend Padmini with whom I have shared fun and laughter through the years. Friendship's a fantastic feeling when you share it with fantastic friends. T here are also so many beautiful friends I found in blog land too and I am thankful to each and everyone for their love. M y thanks to Aly cia Nic hols who enjoys seeing the work of various bloggers from aro un d the world and mentioned my blog in her recen t po st Moss & Manzanita s .                                          - - Which is a memorable gift th at you received? Bett